Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Breaking Free Day One

As I was doing day one I just had a little something I wanted to share.
Hopefully when you see just how little it is , you will also be encouraged to just share little insights you get.

Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the LORD [is] to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Write your thoughts on how a person can avoid falling to the temptation of pride when he or she meets with success. Conclude by giving prayerful consideration to the example we've seen today.

How does God want you to respond to what He showed you today?

I have realized you can not be Christ like, with out Christ within you, pouring His Spirit through you to do those thing.

So when I think about avoiding temptation I think, "what did Jesus do ?" Then I ask Him, to do that in me, through me.

Jesus was able to speak to the tempter, and say, "It is written, man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God."

Jesus was able to say, "Get thee behind me satan, for it is written , thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and Him only shalt thou serve."

Jesus also said, "thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God."

I believe in those three statements somewhere Jesus gave me the victory over the temptation of pride. Jesus was a success. He did exactly what His Heavenly Father wanted Him to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home