Sunday, April 30, 2006

Reign Of Ahaz (cont.)

The question is:

Why do you think we make this kind of choice at times ?

Here are some of the reasons I have come up with .

I want credit for my victories.

I want approval for getting my own victory.

I want to prove it can be done by "the rules."

I want to feel valuable and important.

I want to prove I am smart.

Is 7: 13 (my comment) will I weary God by continuing to do it my way ?

Question:
Why is God so patient according to 2 Peter 3:9 ?

He is wanting all to come to repentance.

Question:
Why were the high places accessible to the young and impressionable Ahaz?

King Ussiah had not removed them.

As I reflect on our Bible Study this past week I think how it must be a human trait to worship idols. Worship and how you do it has been a great concern of our LORD's from the beginning and I know I still have a lot to learn. Making Him a God that wants me to do certain things to please Him, takes away from Who He really is. Almost like making Him an image. Letting Him be a the God Who accepts me just as I am, and lets me worship Him in Spirit and in Truth gives me freedom and joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home