Thursday, May 18, 2006

Hezekiah

What I got out of reading about Hezekiah :
He really had a pride problem. I just recently discovered that I to have this problem and it shows up a lot like it did for Hezekiah.
I always want to have the answers. Even when I try to not have the answers, I am there , with the answers.
Beth Moore said she has gotten so that she just asks God everyday to forgive her for her pride. Whether she realizes it or not.
Later on we are going to study the removing of obstacles,and oh good, one of those obstacles is pride.
Actually , I think my problem started a lot like these guys problem.
They just did not understand the whole offering and sacrifice thing.
Unfortunately a person can go to church for years and no one know, not even one's own self know that "they just haven't got it."
Since I did not understand from the beginning that it was His sacrifice for me , that I was to do nothing but be thankful, there was no right way and wrong way to do that. Years and years of pride have built up in me.
What didn't happen overnight, seldom is removed overnight.
I did say seldom. I do not doubt those stories of people who are radically changed when Jesus comes into their hearts. But I know a whole lot more who are going through a process of being transformed by the renewing of our minds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home